I often like to design something and I love Adobe Illustrator, but at times I face an uninvited background on the image. At that point of time, I prefer to get rid of the photo background altogether. If you are also looking for the information about how to remove white background in Adobe Illustrator, then I will provide you some outlines of it. As I have tried some methods and got good results, I want to discuss those things with you here.
Let’s move on to study the points.
You can use the Pen tool to figure the front object. Then right-click the image and select “Make Clipping Mask.” It is easy to take out the background and include your image into different creative projects. Even there is an option to go for the transparent background.
I would like to discuss the steps of pen tool –
Step-1: First of all, in Adobe Illustrator open your image and then use the zoom tool.
Step-2: Form an accurate outline by using the zoom tool. If you find the simple image, then make use of Magic Wand tool. Now click on ctrl +Space to zoom in.
Step-3: Click the Pen tool to select an object. With the series of click, the anchor point will be dropped, and the new line will appear. To reach the first anchor point go on clicking around the edge of the object to make the outline.
Step-4: Go to the first anchor point and select it. Now you will see the dotted outline. If you want to display all the objects, then click the select tool and background.
Step-5: Click “Make Clipping Mask” and remove the white background. It will make transparent image. After that, you can save your image.
You can move forward with Magic Wand Tool as it is used for images where you will find the background that contrasts an object. If you find many colors in the image, then go for pen tool. On the contrary, if on the checkerboard background the image is black then use the Magic Wand tool.
- To launch the Magic Wand tool, click on the magic wand tool.
- Select “Fill Color” and then “Stroke Color”. You can choose either “Fill color” or “Stroke Color” depending on the parameters.
- In “Tolerance Box” enter number of pixels.
- To select the lines of any color, click the “Stroke weight”.
- If you go for “Stroke Weight” as your parameter then in the “tolerance” box select number between 0-1000 pixels.
- On the image, click the object of your choice.
- Now click the background and then select “Make Clipping Mask”. You can get transparent background by removing it.
- Now save your image.
Bonus Tip: If you want to remove background of .jpeg in Illustrator, then follow these steps-
- Open Illustrator and your .jpeg file
- View transparency grid.
- Make preparations to trace your image.
- Choose the tracing options.
- Now evaluate the image and save it.
All the steps mentioned above regarding pen tool, Magic Wand tool to delete the white background in Illustrator will make you aware, I hope. Now you can easily remove white background Illustrator by following the steps of any one of these methods and your problem will be resolved.