By making hours of research and testing different applications, we have compiled a list of the Whiteboard Animation Software. We all know that a whiteboard animation video is a video that draws itself. We can use animated photos, shapes, sounds, voice-overs, and characters to create different styles and tones of our projects. From something informative to a dramatic scene, client animations in various fields to opportunities for telling stories, anything we can create in a video manner using this software. Over the past few years, there is a lot of whiteboard video software popped up, and as a result, an end-user sometimes feels confused to choose the top from it. Check this site and get the top whiteboard animation software reviews which will help you getting the right tool.
Best Whiteboard Animation Software
Videoscribe is perfect for educators, straightforward and technical orientations, and FAQs. It is also a good option if you are looking for a whiteboard animation software for Mac. If you want to create a high-quality animation video, then Whiteboard Animation Videoscribe is the right choice.
Facts about Videoscribe
- Videoscribe or Sparkol is a desktop application that you can download as a file and then install it on your computer.
- You can also have a free trial to be familiar and test its functionalities.
- A pdf on “how to design your whiteboard animation” is also available with the software which can help you get started if you are new to it.
You can create a doodle, scribe, and of course marketing videos using Videoscribe.
- Create a canvas and then add images from the library (you can even upload your own images).
- Click on the preview button to check the changes before applying them.
- You can control the drawing speed and change the properties of the images by making a double click on them.
- You should record your voice over before working on the video content. It will help you to create the video accordingly by using relevant texts and images.
- You can also record your voice over for every scene, live. This will help to set the pace for perfect video animation.
After its first release in 2012, it became very popular among worldwide user as it was the first software in its class which made possible creating whiteboard videos without any help from experts. You can either get a trial version to test or can choose from its different plans made just for you.
Many of the people who search for the best whiteboard animation software review are new to this term. But we have to admit that without Explaindio, this list cannot be completed. It is one of the top used whiteboard animation software today. With a truly feature-rich interface, we can say that it can perform somewhat better than Videoscribe!
Features of Explaindio
- The canvas or the timeline of the Explaindio 2.0 is easy-to-operate and user-friendly.
- This interface makes things easier for the users in creating a perfect whiteboard video. Create stunning presentation videos using its pre-designed slides.
- You can make green screen animation videos.
- It is helpful to create attention-grabbing and professional looking 2D and 3D videos in minutes.
Quick tips for using Explaindio
- You can switch between sketch and presentation/animation feature easily.
- The interface is so easy to understand and operate that you need not pass through a learning curve.
- With the available tutorials, free pre-made projects and slides, you will learn to create excellent videos in no time.
- For each slide, you will get buttons for voice-overs and music, which will help to create a full paced animation video.
At the launch, Explaindio was available only as a one-time purchase software. But later they started yearly and monthly subscription plans for the users. You can also get a 7-day trial if you want to check its features before buying a full version. So, don’t wait and download this whiteboard animation software now.
Produce professional style whiteboard videos using the GoAnimate software. You can choose from thousands of hand-drawn assets and hundreds of action-making characters to fit your business and professional settings. With a hand-holding marker pen, you can draw these assets in your final video. It doesn’t matter whether you are a newbie or a pro, you can make stunning whiteboard videos quickly and easily using this software.
More About GoAnimate
- GoAnimate is a highly-professional whiteboard animation software that allows you to create stunning videos using your mouse and your favorite internet browser.
- You can import audio files, add voice-overs or voice acting to your animated videos to have a high-quality result.
- The feature of importing DIY content allows you to brand your business and services in the way you want.
- Another great feature of GoAnimate is, it is entirely cloud-based. So, it will not take any space on your hard drive.
- You can access your GoAnimate account without downloading it on your system only by having an internet connection.
GoAnimate whiteboard animation software offers three types of subscription plans to choose from. As they may be costly for some people, you can also create free animated videos and download them. If you are creating cartoon series, animated infographics, or animated video stories, then go for GoAnimate. The only problem is that it is not a free whiteboard animation software without a watermark. So, you have to deal with the watermark.
With a lot faster and improved user interface in its latest update, Easy Sketch Pro is also one of the best software today. The live ‘hot spots’ help you to make interactive whiteboard animation videos. You are free to add your website links, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook accounts and even affiliate links.
It’s more than a video making software
- It’s not just a piece of information giving whiteboard animation software; you can also generate leads through Easy Sketch Pro!
- The featured ‘click to call’ button allows the viewers to call you from the video directly. Publishing multiple videos, adding call opt-in form links, and analytics of user interactions are some of the attractive features of Easy Sketch Pro.
- If you have a small budget or cannot go with the monthly or yearly subscriptions, then Easy Sketch Pro is the right software for you.
- It is cheaper than Videoscribe and Explaindio Video Creator.
- You can also claim the welcome bonus package to get an additional discount.
All these mean, you will get a fully featured whiteboard animation software at cost-effective rates.
Have you ever think of making affiliate marketing using a whiteboard video? If not, this is the time. Use Easy Sketch Pro whiteboard video software and create simple whiteboard videos to describe the service and product for which you want to get affiliate percentages. Today, not too many people are using whiteboard animation for affiliate marketing, and so it will make you create something different and exciting than others.
PowToon is also a favorite whiteboard animation software which provides a free plan for its users. If you search for the free whiteboard animation software, then you will find PowToon at the top of the result page. Just like GoAnimate, PowToon is also a web application that helps you in creating compelling animated videos and presentations.
What PowToon offers?
- You can use your images or can use the free resource of PowToon for crafting your videos and amplifying your messages.
- There are hundreds of free templates available to tweak and revise according to your requirements.
- It provides great help for those who do not want to start from scratch.
- This straightforward tool helps you a lot along the way of creating professional whiteboard animations.
If you are less experienced with the PowerPoint presentations, then it is advisable that you go for PowToon software to create whiteboard videos. By using this software, you can make quick marketing video presentations through a simple interface. Sometimes users face lags in between slides and moving pictures, but overall it is made for beautiful end results.
You can sign up for the free account using your Gmail or Facebook profile. You will also find guidance videos for a surprisingly simple process of creating whiteboard videos from start to finish.
Moovly allows you to create animated whiteboard videos, presentations, and all types of multimedia contents. From a marketing tool to a powerful engagement solution, any presentation you want is easy to create with this amazing whiteboard animation software.
What you can do in Moovly?
- Moovly is an easy-to-use online editor which does not require to install any plugin or files.
- You can view, modify, delete, and restore your whiteboard videos anytime on Moovly. You can upload your images, sounds, and voice-overs to your personal library.
- You can also share them with your circle on Google Plus and publish them on Twitter and Facebook.
- Its simple drag and drop interface helps you creating content quickly.
Click on the ‘New Moov’ tab for creating a new video. Then add a title and description for your content and choose the best suitable template from the predefined projects. You can even start from scratch to create your presentation whiteboard video in your way. By merging with flash, you can make it interactive too.
Moovly offers four types of plans on the monthly or yearly subscription packages. The big range allows all kinds of users including students, small companies, professionals, and corporates to choose according to their specific requirements and need. It also has a free iOS mobile app.
How to make a whiteboard video?
As we have discussed the whiteboard animation and its software, now it’s time to know how to make one. Know how you can create your own whiteboard video without any professional help here. Read further and get your tips.
There are a couple of ways you can make a whiteboard video:
1) Using a software
2) With the help of handheld tools
We will discuss both ways.
Method-1: Using a whiteboard video software
If you are a professional digital marketer, then you should follow this method. If you use third-party software like mentioned in the above list, then you need not get any other things or lighting setup and all for creating the best marketing & presentation videos.
They have inbuilt images, voices, characters, and other necessary tools to quickly set up a video. A virtual hand will appear on the screen to make it look like an original video created by a person. All such features help you to a create whiteboard video quickly and easily.
Different software has different menu names and listings, but all of them work in the same way (I have explained a little bit of working on all the software listed here). You need to choose the canvas size, then select images from hundreds of inbuilt options. You can arrange them in a way you want. You can also insert texts, import & export videos, and can make adjustments as per your needs. You can also add voiceovers & music to make it look like a real whiteboard video.
Though the digital hand can’t look like real and the automated handwritings shows it as a web-generated video, it can be created within minutes and impacts the most on the professional platforms.
Method-2: Taking help of handheld tools
This is relatively cheap method than using third-party software for making a marketing video. You need to be very accurate and professional enough to make the desired impact, though. To create a whiteboard animation video on your own without using any software, you will need some proper tools, light adjustments, and creative thoughts. Remember that you will not get any idea as you get in software by seeing images or characters. You need to think by yourself and then apply it on the whiteboard.
Things you will need:
- A whiteboard
- A DSLR with a tripod/ USB document camera
- Proper Lights
- Papers, Markers, Brush
- Image/Video editing software
Step-1: Make a Plan
First of all, make a plan for what you are going to do with a whiteboard video. Are you making an educational video for kids or creating a 20-minute long how-to guide for tinkerers or just making a quick announcement on your next launch? Anything you want to make, just start with a well-planned script. If your script is not okay, then it will be no matter how well you have made the animation funny or tricky because the viewers will not like it.
Remember that you are telling a story in the whiteboard video which follows the same path in each matter– a difficulty, some suffering to get over it, and at last, determination. Try your best to plan an engaging script. Actually, you can give the most of your total time in this step. Use a paper to narrate the script.
Step-2: Arrange the Tools
Now, it is time to set up everything. Place your whiteboard, lights, and other accessories at a proper place. Adjust the lights for enough focus and view on the whiteboard. Mount the camera on the tripod and set it to have the best recording view. Keep the markers, brush, and other required tools at the hand-reach distance.
Step-3: Start the Making Process
After you have arranged all the things, start making the whiteboard sketching. Elaborate the story in the way you think the viewers will like. Cover all the aspects and then put the resolution.
Record your audio by making it a best-fit to the whiteboard graphics you had illustrated. Keep it short, sweet and in a simple language. Don’t speak too much in detail about every character, images, texts, or object on the whiteboard. You can also take professional help for the voiceover services if you want.
Step-5: Import Audio and Video
Take help of an excellent video/audio editing software. There are different software available depending on the system you use, i.e., Mac or Windows. I will recommend using Camtasia Studio which works on both the Operating Systems. Make the necessary changes, cut the edges of the board with the help of the software to make the video faster.
Some facts you may want to know:
- Over 500 Million users watch videos on Facebook, daily!
- 94% smartphone users share video content on their social media profiles!
- Almost 90% instructors do agree that when they use video for teaching or instructing, they get far better results than any other method!
Communicate with people and educate new learners with whiteboard animation videos. You can make interactions with people without any direct involvement. You may find it costly at first, but as the campaign progresses, you will start getting more traffic and sales for your products and services.
You will soon realize that the cost you spent on the animation video is quite lower than the revenue you generate by using them in your marketing campaigns. Depending on the system, whether you use Windows, Mac, or Android, you can get a perfectly compatible software without any hassle. So yes, do watch the whiteboard animation videos of others, but also start making your own!